Alaska Adventure Fishing Lodge – Sitka
The top small all-around Alaska adventure fishing lodge for saltwater and freshwater fishing! You will never forget this lodge and the people here. We love it here! If you want variety and the experience of Alaska at it’s best, this is the lodge for you! Enjoy the veteran staff, pulling up crab pots, kayaking, hiking, whale watching, fishing and lots of fresh seafood. This remote lodge is nestled 20 air miles east of Sitka. A short, spectacular float plane ride from Juneau delivers you directly to the floating lodge side dock.
The people, facilities, activities and the fishing are fantastic. Each evening pick your adventure for the next day from the “FUN BOARD”. You might enjoy halibut fishing one day, stream fishing the next, island exploring and whale watching the next and on and on. The staff caters to your desires each day.
Alaska Adventure vacation where memories are made for a lifetime. One client told the owner, “This has been the best day of my life next to the birth of my children!” Tiffany, from Alabama. Her family of six is about to embark on their third trip to this lodge and they travel the world on an annual basis.
Accommodations & Meals
Enjoy late afternoon with a cocktail overlooking the bay on the deck listening to the sound of the whales passing by. Private rustically elegant log cabins with bathrooms ensuite overlook the rushing stream as it makes its way into the bay. Every comfort of home has been well thought out and you will lack for nothing. The scenery is breathtaking and the meals are equally fantastic. The garden of fresh vegetables and crab pulled up from the crab pots are a part of every evening meal.
About the Lodge:
- Comfortable and spacious guest cabins and lodge are surrounded by lush green ancient forests.
- Spacious rooms are elegantly furnished with pine paneling, armoires and baseboard heaters with guest-controlled thermostats so you can regulate the temperature of your cabin. Each cabin has a private bathroom with a hot shower, wash basins with hot and cold running water and flush toilets. The onsite housekeeping staff provides towel and linen service.
- 24 hour electricity (60 Hz AC) from the lodges own hydroelectric plant. The turbine is powered by nearby Sadie Creek, one of many nearby crystal clear streams that tumble down the lush green ancient forest surrounding the lodge.
- Soak in one of the hot tubs. Choose the redwood tub, situated in a grove of ancient trees, overlooking a fresh, clear mountain stream that surges past. Or, select the tub on the deck and view the magnificent panorama around the lodge – Warm Springs Bay, snow covered mountain peaks, soaring bald eagles. Adventurous soakers will want to embark on the short hike to the natural hot springs nearby. A series of natural pools overlooking a magnificent waterfall awaits you
- Lodge capacity is 14 guests unless you have a lodge buy-out and then 16 is possible.
The unpressured waters around the lodge offer the most abundant and diverse salt and freshwater fishing available in Alaska. You may choose your fishing experience each day, from freshwater to saltwater, stream to lake, light tackle spinning to flies. The available species include king salmon (chinook), silver salmon (coho), pink salmon (humpy), chum salmon, sockeye salmon, Dolly Varden, cutthroat trout and rainbow trout, giant halibut and many varieties of rockfish. Dozens of spectacular bays, estuaries, fishing streams and lakes are within a short boat ride or hike from the lodge. Each offers premier angling.
Whether it is salt or freshwater stream fishing, hiking, up close and personal whale watching, photography, pulling crab or shrimp pots, clamming, climbing water falls, beach combing or kayaking, your experienced professional crew will guide you on an adventure you won’t forget.
Choose from a variety of fun and exciting activities. The experienced professional crew is there to guide you on the adventure of the day.
- Salt or fresh water stream fishing
- Up close & personal whale watching
- Photograph abundant bald eagles
- Hike to breathtaking mountain lakes
- Pulling up shrimp and crab pods for dinner meals
- Eagle watching
- Climbing waterfalls
- Enjoy the hot springs
- Island Exploring
- Beach Combing
- Enjoy a day at the spa with a number of treatments including reflexology massage, hot stone message and sea salt exfoliation.
Length of Stay / Itinerary
Sunday: Arrive in Juneau, Alaska and overnight at a hotel of your choosing (we have a list of suggestions)
Monday: Depart by float plane from Juneau to the lodge dock and begin enjoying your activities!
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: Fish and enjoy the numerous activities
Saturday: Enjoy morning activities and depart for home after lunch via Sitka. The lodge will arrange your boat transfer to Sitka.
You will want to spend the night in Sitka and fly out on Sunday.
Travel Details & Location
You will arrive in Juneau, Alaska where you will overnight at a hotel in Juneau of your choosing. The next morning, you will take a float plane arranged by the lodge to the lodge.
On the last day following lunch, you will transfer by large boat arranged by the lodge to Sitka where you will again overnight at a hotel of your choice.
Internet & Communications
Wifi is available but spotty and cell service is very spotty. If you must communicate with home, we suggest a sat phone as a back up plan.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR FAMILY OR COUPLE ON THIS TRIP: IT’S SIMPLE
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could add more meaning and improve your relationships on every vacation with your family or spouse? Below are two easy steps to becoming intentional as you travel:
TWO EASY STEPS:
1. Watch this video:
2. Click on the link below for step by step ideas of how to add more meaning to your family/couple travel:
2024 Price: (Call for updated pricing)
$7,350 per person
SPECIALS: KING SALMON (MAY) & SILVER SALMON (SEPT)
$6,850 per person
2025 Price: (Call for updated pricing)
$7,650 per person
SPECIALS: KING SALMON (MAY) & SILVER SALMON (SEPT)
$7,050 per person
Call for more details
Trip Insurance & Cancellation Info
Trip insurance is highly recommended to protect your investment on this trip. We will assist you with trip insurance upon booking. See links at the bottom of this page for the two providers we suggest for our clients.
Family Expeditions, LLC confirmation and refund policy:
If your trip is more than 90 days out from date of departure, a 50% non-refundable deposit confirms your reservation and must be received within 10 days of booking to confirm your dates. All trips must be paid in full at least 90 days prior to the departure date. If your trip date is within 90 days, FULL payment for the trip is required. All payments to Family Expeditions are non-refundable. Should you need to reschedule or cancel your trip, we will do everything in our power to assist you in finding a suitable substitute or transferring your dates per the lodge/providers/government requirements. Trip insurance protects your investment!