South Dakota Luxury Pheasant Hunt – Gettysburg
Since 1993, this South Dakota luxury pheasant hunting lodge’s goal has been to exceed your expectations…exceeded. Welcome to a place where pheasants abound, camaraderie flows, and one mouth-watering meal after another is served and savored. The thrill of the hunt and a deep appreciation for the executives, family and friends with whom you share it are just the beginning to your stay.
They serve those who seek the finest South Dakota pheasant hunting retreat. If exceeding your clients expectations for entertainment is your goal, this is the experience you have been searching for. World-class pheasant hunting, executive suites with king beds and private baths for every guest, and a private environment for your party to enjoy themselves are just a few of the exclusive touches you can expect.
A bespoke destination commonly associated with the finest hunting in the world. Personal service, family owned and operated combined with luxury and an exceptional staff make this among the best bird hunting destinations in the United States and around the globe.
The high return of previous guests calls for early bookings in order to find an openings at this lodge. A year in advance is not uncommon to call especially if you are concerned about selecting a specific date for your group.
A state of art long range shooting facility was added in 2018!
Accommodations & Meals
“We want our guests extraordinarily comfortable.”
Over the last 20 years, this lodge owner decided to make things difficult for you. Difficult, that is, in climbing out of the plush comfort of the new luxury linens and down bedding. Difficult, you’ll find, in stepping away from the toasty warmth of the heated tile floors in the bath and dressing room areas. Difficult to find a more perfect balance between the relaxation and sheer comfort of the lodging.
This South Dakota farm encompasses three lodges offering first-class accommodations in a resort-style setting. In total, the Main Lodge, King Lodge, and the Buffalo Suites present a total of 36 executive suites – each with their own private bath. Each lodge is appointed with the finest furnishing yet embraces the peacefulness of home. With pride, they showcase South Dakota through the furniture (much of it embellished with antler sheds found right here on the farm), incredible Native American and South Dakota created artwork, and emphasis on the history of our great state.
Whether your group desires the exclusive privacy of King Lodge and its suites or the comforts of the Main Lodge and Buffalo Suites your accommodations will rival that of any 5-star resort. And, while they know you’re mostly here to hunt, they are also out to make your stay the best slumber experience anywhere.
Executive suites with king size beds and in-room bathroom for every guest, a vast wine selection to compliment the finest fresh-prepared cuisine and so much more.
Up at the crack of dawn? Not necessarily! Before they arrive, guests imagine reveille sounding at 5:00 a.m. What a surprise to discover sleeping out here is so good that it’s 8:00 a.m. before many roll out of the sack. If you are used to getting up with the sun, you are welcome to go for a walk or hit the exercise room before 9:00 a.m. hot breakfast!
Meals are prepared by “real” cooks – farm wives who have fed men and handed down recipes for generations. They serve buffet style in the main lodge. If you have special dietary needs or restrictions, just let Cheryl know when you fill out your pre-arrival sheet, and she will alert the kitchen.
Come to fly fishing school in the off season: Fly fishing on the Dakota prairies? Absolutely!
With stocked lakes and on-the-water instruction, you’ll catch your first fish on a fly in no time. Depending on skill levels, we’ll begin with casting and knot tying basics, and work up to fly selection, reading water, and other techniques.
Fly Fishing and Shooting Schools are a perfect combination. Take your favorite young person outdoors – doing the activities you enjoyed as a kid – learning valuable skills from the best instructors in the country.
We know you’ll create an amazing memory and everyone will be “hooked” in no time.
All-inclusive pheasant hunting packages offer you the complete experience: professional guides and hunting dogs for your private group hunt, executive suites with king size beds and in-room bathroom for every guest, a vast wine selection to compliment the finest fresh-prepared cuisine and so much more.
Finally, the moment you’ve been waiting for has arrived. Breakfast is over, you’ve attended the short video and safety talk in the theatre room, and you are ready for that first hunt.
- 10:00 a.m.: Buses are loaded up in front of the locker room. You hunt only with your own group of family and friends. In less than 10 minutes, you are in the field, walking slowly in a line and waiting for your pheasant hunting guide to yell, “Rooster!” (In South Dakota, it is illegal to shoot hens.) Soon, the sky erupts with the sound and sight of brilliantly colored ringneck pheasants. This continues for 3 hours!
- 1:00 p.m.: Lunch at the lodge. Time for a quick nap or catch up on e-mails or calls.
- 2:15 – 5:15 p.m.: Guides, dogs, and hunters are rested. It’s time for the afternoon hunt.
- 5:30 p.m.: Back to the lodge for hot hors d’oeuvres, drinks, and a shower! Dinner attire is casual – no suit jackets.
Sing with Cheryl around the piano.
- Call home and tell of your grueling day.
- Challenge someone to a game of pool.
- Play table shuffleboard.
- Enjoy a cigar around one of the outdoor fire pits.
- Grab one of the massage chairs. Ah, heavenly!
- Relax in the steam suite, sauna, and hot tub.
- Take a walk around the grounds to wear off dinner.
- Choose some pigeons and invite them to a game of poker.
- WATCH TV OR VIEW A MOVIE!! (With hundreds of channels and 15 TV’s, everyone gets to watch their favorite show or team.)
- Sporting Clays
- Fishing in the stocked ponds
- Take advantage of the new state of the art long range shooting facility
Call for pricing
Hunt Package Includes:
- 3 days of hunting
- All meals & beverages
- Unlimited private sporting clays range
- All ammunition provided for clays and hunting
- 5 pheasants per day (15 birds total)
- Option to shoot extra birds at $49 per bird
- Bird cleaning & packing
- Guides & dogs
- Kennels for your dogs if you wish to bring them
- Complimentary use of 12 gauge shotguns
- Complimentary WiFi
- King Lodge is an additional $1,200 per person.
- Exclusive use of the lodge requires a minimum of 32 slots paid in full, regardless of actual number of hunting guests.
- SD Sales Tax will be added to the total bill (2013 rate was 5.5%).
- Guide and staff gratuities are not included.
- Travel to/from lodge and home
Trip Insurance & Cancellation Info
Trip insurance is highly recommended to protect your investment on this trip. We will assist you with trip insurance upon booking. See links at the bottom of this page for the two providers we suggest for our clients.
Family Expeditions, LLC confirmation and refund policy:
If your trip is more than 90 days out from date of departure, a 50% non-refundable deposit confirms your reservation and must be received within 10 days of booking to confirm your dates. All trips must be paid in full at least 90 days prior to the departure date. If your trip date is within 90 days, FULL payment for the trip is required. All payments to Family Expeditions are non-refundable. Should you need to reschedule or cancel your trip, we will do everything in our power to assist you in finding a suitable substitute or transferring your dates per the lodge/providers/government requirements. Trip insurance protects your investment!