New Zealand Luxury Hunting – Queenstown
What makes this New Zealand luxury hunting property a win for you all the way around? It is one of the largest privately owned properties in New Zealand with monster Red Stag hunting in the best touring area. AND you will stay in one of the finest luxury hunting lodges in the country. As a result of the many hidden draws and gullies mature regal red stag roam ranging from 300-700+ SCI points.
The villa-esque luxury hunting lodge you will stay at during your adventure has beautifully tailored décor. It has romantic outdoor seating with views of the pool and surrounding Southern Alps.
Along with Red Stag, you will have the opportunity to hunt for fallow deer, elk, European chamois, Himalayan tahr, ram, goat, and boar. Your guides are experienced in the backcountry of New Zealand. Because of their years of guiding experience, they are experts at navigating the terrain, climate, and wildlife to give you the best chance of success.
As a result of the lodge’s location in Wanaka you will have incredible touring opportunities. Some of these activities include spa time, jetboating, race car driving, bungee jumping. You also might enjoy visiting wineries, cheese tasting, hiking in the Alps, candle-lit evenings in hot pools. Take advantage of flying through Fiordland National Park on a helicopter and hot air balloon rides in scenic areas. If there is not a package that suits all of your needs, we can easily create a custom touring plan for you!
Between hunting, luxury accommodations, and excellent touring, your family or group is sure to have the trip of a lifetime!
Accommodations & Meals
The lodge is located close to the hunting property, so after a day of hunting you have a short ride back. This lodge boasts six king-sized bedrooms, beautiful balconies, a flagstone courtyard, a heated swimming pool, sunbathing area, a dedicated gun room, and beautiful décor throughout. Its rich, comfortable décor will elevate your senses and help you relax after a day of hunting or touring.
The lodge is reminiscent of a sleek Italian villa. Its dark grey exterior allows it to fade into the background as you take in the beauty of the surrounding Southern Alps. The outdoor sitting areas, whether it be the poolside lounge, flagstone courtyard, or balconies give you an unhindered view of the lush green fields in front of the lodge.
There are six king sized bedrooms with optional king bed or two twin beds. Three are upstairs with attached balconies and three are downstairs connecting to the flagstone courtyard. Each is well-appointed with comfortable, tailored furniture and bedding. Enjoy your en-suite bathroom.
The main living spaces consist of a seating area on the main level as well as small seating options found throughout the lodge, a dining room, heated swimming pool with lounge area, outdoor fireplace seating, flagstone courtyard, and dedicated gun room.
You will eat gourmet meals created by one of New Zealand’s finest chefs and brought to life with only the freshest ingredients from New Zealand.Your meals have been planned by one of the top chefs in New Zealand and will be hand crafted at the lodge. They use fresh New Zealand food to create your delicious meals. You will enjoy sitting in the large dining room and recounting the day’s adventures together.
If you are in New Zealand from October – May, then you have the opportunity to fly fish! You will fish the pristine, clear waters of the Southern Alps. You will test your skills as New Zealand’s brown and rainbow trout create some of the most challenging fishing in the world.
You will be participating in spot and stalk fishing. You will have to use precise casts to catch these fish!
For even more exciting fishing, you can fly by helicopter to the most remote waterways in the heart of New Zealand backcountry. This is an extraordinary experience!
This property has one of the largest privately owned red stag herds in New Zealand! Because of how well they cultivate their land for this herd, you can find monsters here! They are often hunting for stag in the 400s.
Along with red stag, you can also hunt for fallow deer, elk, European chamois, Himalayan tahr, ram, goat, and boar. If you are in New Zealand from May to July, you will have the opportunity for wingshooting. This includes hunting for Mallards, Grey Ducks, Shoveller ducks, and Paradise ducks as well as Black Swans and Canadian Geese.
Your guides are experts in the New Zealand backcountry. They will navigate your stalks to give you the best chance of success. You will enjoy their easy demeaner and humor. You can expect them to become fast friends!
Here are the prime hunting seasons:
- Red stag: mid-March – May
- Fallow Deer: April – mid-May
- Elk: Mid-March – May
- European Chamois: May – Aug
- Himalayan Tahr: May – mid-July
Here are the general hunting seasons that the lodge is open:
- Red stag; February – August
- Fallow Deer: march – August
- Elk: mid-feb – August
- European Chamois: February – August
- Himalayan Tahr: February – August
- Ram/Goat/Boar: February – August
- Wingshooting: May – July
The lodge is open from late February to mid-August.
New Zealand is the home of adventure activities. Because of this lodge’s location in Wanaka, you have access to some of the most amazing activities the country has to offer. To help you to not be overwhelmed, we have created 5 activity packages that you can choose from:
- Alpine Adventure:
- The Shotover, Kawarau and Dart Lakes, or Lake Wakatipu have made Queenstown world famous for jetboating. Start your adventure with a splash and pure rush of adrenaline as you jet across the breathtaking waterways around Queenstown.
- Race cars. Test your mettle at Highlands Motorsport Part – the Disneyland of adrenaline. This world-class motorsport park offers a 4.5km racetrack, a motorsport museum, go-kart track with single or tandem karts, and restaurant. A truly one-of-a-kind experience.
- Bungy Jumping. Queenstown is the world’s home of bungy. Choose between the orginial jump that started the worldwide sensation – the iconic Kawarau Bridge bungy – or New Zealand’s highest jump – the 134m Nevis Bungy.
- Pure Pampering:
- We will organize a spa experience with professional therapists to suit your individual requirements. For a complete wellness experience, finish off your spa treatment with a relacing time in the hot tub or swimming pool.
- Find the ultimate relaxation in a secluded pamper area with private therapists, sheltered warm areas for massages, heated massage tables and champagne.
- Take a soothing escape with a facial to detoxify the body and leave your skin fresh and glowing.
- Guided Gourmet:
- Your day will start at this lodge’s whisky distillery where you will sample a variety of spirits, before embarking on a private tour where you will learn about the entire spirit making process, from grain to glass.
- Wine Tour. You will go on a private tour to some of New Zealand’s finest wineries – tasting the special vintages while the vineyard owner describes their winemaking process.
- Old Cheese Mill. Experience a private cheese tasting in the historic Old Cheese Mill.
- Sensory Scenery:
- Discover the true beauty of the Southern Alps with its stunning vistas and breathtaking views, an opportunity enjoyed by a select few.
- Milford Flight. Take a beautiful scenic flight from Queenstown, heading south towards the world-renowned Fiordland National Park, landing at an amazing alpine location before flying back through Glenorchy over Lord of the Rings
- Rich Romance:
- Sunrise balloon. Start the morning by rising to 6000ft, drift with the breeze, and immerse yourself in the best panoramic views of Queenstown and the surrounding mountain ranges.
- Mountain-top Lunch. Located in high in the Southern Alps at a luxury lodge on a private station, Mountain Kitchen is New Zealand’s most remote and spectacular fine dining experience.
- Hot pools. Spend a candlelit evening taking in the dramatic views of the surrounding mountains and Shotover River while soaking in your own private, Japanese-style Onsen hot pool.
We also offer bespoke adventure packages. Talk to us about creating a bespoke package that ticks all the boxes! Whatever you are looking for, we’ll go the extra mile to ensure you get the experience of a lifetime in one of New Zealand’s most beautiful locations.
Length of Stay / Itinerary
Each itinerary is custom built for your interests. A typical stay at this lodge is 4-7 nights plus touring.
Family Expeditions will build a perfect touring itinerary to compliment your hunting. All hunts begin on Sundays.
Sunday: Arrive in Queenstown where you will be greeted by your host and transfer to the hunting property.
Day 2 -?: Enjoy hunting and the many other activities available! If you are hunting 3 species the stay is Sunday to Saturday. If you are hunting stag only then Sunday to Thursday.
Departure day: Your host will transfer you by road back to Queenstown.
NOTE: Helicopters are available for transfers and touring.
Travel Details & Location
Your flight destination is Christchurch, New Zealand which is located on the South Island.
Internet & Communications
Wifi and cell service are available.
2023 /2024 Rates: please call us for more details.
Lodge Packages begin at $6,500 pp and includes lodging, meals and guides.
Trip Insurance & Cancellation Info
Trip insurance is highly recommended to protect your investment on this trip. We will assist you with trip insurance upon booking. See links at the bottom of this page for the two providers we suggest for our clients.
Family Expeditions, LLC confirmation and refund policy:
If your trip is more than 90 days out from date of departure, a 50% non-refundable deposit confirms your reservation and must be received within 10 days of booking to confirm your dates. All trips must be paid in full at least 90 days prior to the departure date. If your trip date is within 90 days, FULL payment for the trip is required. All payments to Family Expeditions are non-refundable. Should you need to reschedule or cancel your trip, we will do everything in our power to assist you in finding a suitable substitute or transferring your dates per the lodge/providers/government requirements. Trip insurance protects your investment!